Each attending business, whether certified or not, should develop their Capability Statement. This document shares your firm’s capability in a two-page document that generally includes the following details:
13 Requirements For Capability Statements
- Company Logo: Image
- Business and DBA Name
- What you do: clear statement of what you do, in plain language, not jargon
- Value proposition: very brief or tag line
- Certification logos: WBENC, WOSB, HUB and any others
- Customer logos: ideally those that are also part of WBENC
- Partnership logos: if this is pertinent to your value proposition
- Where you operate: City, State(s), National, International, be specific
- How you operate: are you a product, service, technology, etc.
- If you have multiple products or services, provide one sentence about each.
- NAICS Codes: the number + the category description (SIC Codes aren’t required).
- Dun & Bradstreet Number: it’s simple to acquire online
- Contact details: name, email, phone and city, state, but address is not required.